Sunday, September 27, 2009

Little bits

Wanting to play with my new paint and testing on a variety of paper leads me to do a few ACEOs.
Of the 2 autumn fields minis, this one is my favorite. I prefer a bright sky with clouds rolling in just like so many fall days I spent picking apples and then baking pies, making applesauce and fritters.






This iris was done with Daniel Smith watercolors but not the amethyst genuine. I found it flat and even though it has a glimmer, it doesn't show when scanned or photographed.








I do love fall and really miss all the colorful changes that are abundant in the northeast or even midwest regions.






And believe it or not, I still have flowers blooming in pots on the deck. Even though it's cool at night the cosmos are hanging in and my little frog has relocated to the box on the deck rail. He's been in my flowers forever and seems to prefer second story dwelling. I bet he's what the birds are looking for when they stand on the rims and pluck up bunches of dirt. He's made it so far and I'm rooting for him. The birds can have all the acorns.

2 comments:

Pam of Always Artistic said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are all gorgeous! My favorite is #3 I love the fence! Would make a beautiful puzzle! lol

Quilt Works said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love Iris and Fall! Beatiful job on all of them!

I would like to invite you to cast your vote for the next art giveaway.
I am planning to run another giveaway. I thought it would be fun
for my followers to voite which of the artworks should be the giveaway.
http://quilt--works.blogspot.com/